I combined essential Cinco de Mayo recipes that are authentic and easy to make because I know that throwing a memorable party to celebrate this day requires some authentic touches you can give with food without going broke. The following “5 de Mayo” recipes require inexpensive and easy to find ingredients from your local supermarket.
5 de Mayo Recipes to Make Your Party Rock
Recipes for Margaritas
What better way to celebrate than preparing for your guests a famous Cinco de Mayo recipe of margaritas! I collected 3 of my favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes for Margaritas that you can use depending on your budget, time and flavor you desire. Believe me, ALL of them have a twist which make them unique.
|The Real Deal||The Simplest
-The Frozen One-
|The Modern Flavorful One|
1 jigger* Cointreau
3 jiggers tequila (or 2)
1 jigger freshly squeezed lime juice
One 6-oz can of frozen limeade
4 shots of tequila
|2-oz of tequila
1-oz Berentzen’s apple liqueur
3/4-oz fresh lemon juice
|o Put the salt in a paper towel.
o Rub the lime wedge on the rim of a margarita glass.
o Dip the rim in salt.
o Combine Cointreau, tequila, lime juice, and a small handful of ice.
o Stir well and pour all into the glass.
* Jigger = 1 1/2 fluid ounces (3 tablespoons).
|o Fill blender with ice.
o Add tequila and can of limeade.
o Blend together until all ice is crushed.
o Dampen the border of the margarita glass and dip in salt.
o Serve the mix and garnish with lime.
|o Shake ingredients with ice.
o Strain into a chilled cocktail glass with a salted rim.
o Garnish with a slice of green apple.
Cinco de Mayo Recipe for Smooth Guacamole
4 ripe avocados, 1/2 red onion chopped, juice of 3 limes, salt, ground pepper, 1 garlic clove minced, 1 handful of fresh cilantro finely chopped and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Cut the avocados in half and take the pit out.
- Scoop out the flesh with a tablespoon into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocados very well with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and gently mix.
- The lime helps you avoid blackening.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Cinco de Mayo Recipe for Chicken/beef/pork Enchilada Casserole
2 cups of cooked chicken/beef/pork in cubes or strips.
Suggestion: marinate with cumin. 1-16 oz can of drained black beans (I prefer Goya), 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced and drained green chile peppers, 1 Handful of fresh cilantro, 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce, 2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese, 1 (8 ounce) container of sour cream.
- Mix chicken, beans, chile and cilantro in a bowl. Use an 11×7 inch baking dish. to layer 4 tortillas. Use some sauce at the bottom before you place the tortillas.
- Add chicken mixture over the tortillas, and sprinkle with cheese and sour cream.
- Add a second tortilla layer and again add chicken mixture over the tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and sour cream, and add more sauce.
- Cover dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven at 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and dot with sour cream.
- Continue cooking, uncovered until cheese melts
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy these simple but delicious Cinco de Mayo recipes. They have worked for me and require little effort. I receive great compliments from my friends any time I make them. You too can enjoy a real Mexican holiday… y que viva Mexico!
Other 5 de Mayo Articles You May Enjoy