Tell Me More Review & Rocket Spanish Review
|Tell Me More||Rocket Spanish|
Please recommend a good Spanish language software! Is what many readers ask me for, and to be honest with you it took me a while to find these choices I am writing about here. Why? Because as a tutor, teacher and a native Spanish speaker I know the stumbling points of learning a new language, so I wanted to make sure I can point you in the right direction.
Tell Me More Spanish 5 or 10 Levels
I know one size does NOT fit all, but I have been able to single out the best way to learn Spanish using a software program. Here is why Tell Me More is an excellent choice:
Ease of use*** This software has plenty of sections that paired with technology make this Spanish software a dream. It may take some people more time to learn how to handle its technology but once you know it becomes a real asset!
It is all well worth it because the program has a great visual appeal due to its clean lines, uncluttered screens, simple icons, and pleasant color scheme making it fun and relatively easy to use. It also has 3-D animations and detailed graphs that help you understand your progress and the content.
Content***** All programs come with 20 initiation lessons, and after that the levels really start. There is a placement test to help you choose 5 consecutive levels amongst 10 distinct levels of content, from Beginner to Advanced.
Roughly levels 1-5 are the equivalent to 2 years of high school Spanish, and 6-10 to 2 more. The content always has a picture or graph to help comprehension, but the program is not limited to only graphics and video like Rosseta Stone.
TELL ME MORE Spanish Version 10 comes with 10,000 exercises which I think are necessary to solidify knowledge. There are 10 hours of very well done videos that make your learning experience pleasant and varied.
Technology***** is pretty advanced in this Spanish learning software program, one of the characteristics I loved the most.
I know how frustrating can be to learn at home with nobody to correct your pronunciation…not any more because Tell me More has the most advanced speech recognition technology on the market, which translates in pronunciation improvement. It also has a Spoken Error Tracking System that pinpoints mispronounced words.
You can also learn with your MP3 Player. It also has a feature that allows you to have a translation of the material you are learning. You decide if you want it on or off.
Price*** Tell ME More has a higher price point compared to Rocket Spanish but Tell Me More V10 Spanish is a winner overall because of the content, technology and return policy it offers. It addresses reading, writing, listening, speaking, vocabulary, grammar, and culture.
Summary of TELL ME MORE Spanish Review
- It covers all the skills necessary to learn a language which are reading, writing, listening, speaking, vocabulary, grammar, and culture.
- Your needs determine the type of product, therefore it is tailored for specific uses like travel, home schooling, professional needs, students, and personal or enrichment.
- It was updated in 2009 to version 10 with great visuals, drills, and fresh content like the Euronews videos.
- This software has cutting-edge speech recognition technology allowing you to assess your pronunciation and improve it through detailed graphs and 3D animation.
- Opportunity to update your software for life online any time a new version comes on the market.
- Even though its technology is cutting edge, it could be difficult for some to manage. Once you learn it it becomes almost impossible to expect less when comparing it to other software programs out there.
- Price may seem higher in comparison to other downloadable Spanish learning software but always remember to compare apples to apples.
The most extensive Spanish language learning software solution. Master fluency through 10 distinct levels and exclusive online services.
Rocket Spanish Review
My second top choice is Rocket Spanish. What I can personally tell you is that the dialect is excellent. The creator is from Chile and the dialect he uses is very good quality of Latin American Spanish.
The program claims you can finish it in 8 weeks. Well…as a native speaker I think this is a bit of a stretch, more if we are talking about a person who never had formal Spanish learning before. Nevertheless the program is good quality.
Ease of use***** is highly rated in this program. Why? Because Rocket Spanish divides the content into small chunks for learners to manage. Each section is about 25 minutes long and there are 33 sections in total. The menus are pretty simple and the main method of learning is through visual/video form.
Content**** The lessons have excellent simple content. Rocket Spanish is geared to conversational Spanish in a more informal environment.
I also like the culture infused lessons that teach you how life is in Latin America. Each audio lesson comes with a transcript that you can follow to improve understanding and pronunciation.
This Spanish learning software also provides a Learning Lounge which includes grammar, vocabulary, common phrases, and interactive exercises. I think just listening and viewing are not enough to cement your knowledge. This is the major difference with programs like Rosetta Stone.
My favorite content of Rocket Spanish is the games section which comes very well equipped with its MagaVocab that helps you learn about 1,000 words in a short period of time. Megaverb helps you practice tenses and verbs meaning, and MegaAudio helps you train your ear.
Technology** in this Spanish learning software is basic. Nothing like Tell Me More but it does the work. Rocket Spanish Premium is available for download which makes it portable.
Price***** is greatest advantage of this product. It is one third of the price of similar programs or less when we compare the downloadable version to other Spanish learning software. It has a 60 day guarantee which makes it even more attractive.
Summary of Rocket Spanish Review
- Perfect Spanish learning software for conversational Spanish.
- Simple to use and portable. Clean design with no fancy whistles.
- Excellent games that help you reinforce basic vocabulary, grammar and conjugation concepts.
- Very appealing price point when buying downloadable version instead of shipped software.
- Very simple technology with no speech recognition.
- It is geared to conversational Spanish. If you are looking for reading, writing, pronunciation and speech this software may not be enough. For the person who doesn’t want to go in depth in grammar, conjugation, and perfect writing skills this is the best choice.
One thing is for sure, culture is a very important part of learning a new language. Now that you will be starting to learn Spanish don’t only do it through a Spanish software program but also complement it with traveling, foods, Spanish movie watching and cultural knowledge which is abundant in this website.